Planning to build a house in 2021/2022 is a hectic time we know, we've been there. Have you considered modular? 💭 We would never go back!
Modular homes are built in factory and then shipped to your location ready for installation.
Going modular has so many benefits and is shaping up to be the way of the future in the New Zealand housing market!
Below is a guide we have create to highlight the main benefits of choosing a transportable modular cabin built in factory over a regular on-site build;
- FASTER BUILD SPEED ⏰
- Ready made designs allow for a quicker turnaround time from consult to key turn as they are pre-planned, materials are already in stock and build slots are booked in advance.
- Completion of modular build projects is twice as fast as traditional construction methods.
- LOWER PRICE POINT/COST EFFECTIVE 💰
- Due to the designs being ready made and the construction taking place in factory, the total cost of production is significantly lower than a traditional build project, without compromising on quality.
- ZERO POSSIBILITY OF WEATHER DELAY 🌧️
- Due to the build taking place in factory, weather changes do not affect the original time frames set out.
- FLEXIBE DESIGNS & MODULES ✏️
- Options to add on kitchen, bathrooms & upgrades
- Customisable colours & finishes.
- Multiple floor plan variations available to choose from.
- RELIABLE QUALITY CONTROL 💯
- Elements do not affect the build or materials reducing the possibility of imperfections.
- Regulated environment for the builders.
- Consents are more attainable and in some cases, certain consents are not required.
- Designs and materials have already been tested.
- MINIMAL RISK & IMPACT (on your business or land use) 🛠️
- You can keep your business running smoothly without construction impact as majority of the work is off-site. Your land will not be impacted until the delivery date.
- Lower risk of theft, projects and materials & tools are secure in factory.
- LOWER VOLUME OF WASTE & ENERGY CONSUMPTION 🚯
- By going modular, you can be sure you are investing in a sustainable construction process from start to finish.
- Off site construction uses less waste as each cabin built uses an exact pre-calculated amount of materials meaning there is no need for storage. Any unused materials are used in other builds instead of being discarded.
- Allows workers to remain in a fixed location with definite time frames meaning lower time spent on each build project = less labour cost to the customer.
The modular build project process from consult;
- Project Scope (depending on availability)
- Project confirmed, deposit payment & contract signed (as soon as you are ready)
- Consents & paperwork (2-6 weeks depending on availability)
- In factory production (4-12 weeks, depending on model)
- Transport/delivery to your location (1-7 days, depending on location)
So why wait months and months and months for your new home or cabin to be ready? when there is a much easier & faster solution out there today = MODULAR BUILDING BABY.
We are currently taking orders for building spots for the beginning of next year and they are filling up quickly so get in touch to secure your spot! See OUR RANGE 🛠️
The Koltm Modular team 💚
Disclaimer: The information available on this blog post is not intended to cover every situation, and may not include details relevant to a user’s particular circumstances. Accordingly, users are advised to seek independent professional advice before applying any information contained on this site to their own particular circumstances. Koltm Modular Limited shall not be held liable for any claim for any loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information contained in this blog post.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
These related articles